Thursday, November 3, 2011

For Those of You Who Worry That the Current Generation Doesn’t Understand or Care For Our Nation’s Past…



…I humbly submit to you this wonderful video about the 54th Massachusetts.

The lyrics are profound, the production is wonderful, and the seamless intertwining of sound clips from the motion picture Glory make this the best original song about the Civil War that I have ever heard in my entire life.

If these talented young artists ever choose to release an entire album of similar songs, well…to quote Thomas from Glory – “Then I am your first volunteer!”

4 comments:

  1. I am speechless... This is just beautiful.

    BTW, New Bedford's YAP does have an album (more like EP length):
    http://www.reverbnation.com/newbedfordyap

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am speechless as well, and very teary. Let's get this viral!

    ReplyDelete